<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11630654\x26blogName\x3dMarshall\x27s+Web+Tool+Blog\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://marshallk.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://marshallk.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-1332446749013502443', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Marshall's Web Tool Blog

Training and Consulting in New Tools for Effective Web Use

This site is an archive of posts that I hope you will find useful. Please visit my new site at Marshallk.com.

What's in Your Aggregator?

Using any of the various syndication technologies now available to catch the newest headlines from your favorite websites is an incredible way to increase your information absorption capacity. It is a big time saver. And that's just one way to use syndication!

Check out the right sidebar of this blog to see examples of syndicated headline feeds from various other sites automatically updated on my blog. It's a great way to make your website a hub of new information regarding your community's field of interest. The folks at MarketingStudies.net often discuss this type of use for syndicated content. I am currently using the tool available for free at RSS Digest.

For some time now I have wanted to contact various inspirational researchers and ask them "What's in Your Aggregator?" Just like some magazines print short blips on rock stars' CD players, I thought we should do the same thing with syndicated web feeds! To be a good sport, I thought I'd answer the question myself first:

The 5 Newest Feeds in My Aggregator

CyberJournalist.net
NevOn (Tech/web)
Thejo/Blog (Tech/web)
Burningbird (feminist programmer and web watcher)
Daniel Lemire's blog (web tech from Seattle) Correction: Daniel Lemire is a proffesor at the University of Quebec who researches multidimensional databases, collaborative filtering, and approximation theory. Oops!

My 5 All Time Favorite Feeds (an impossible choice to make)

Cutting Through (web tool/management consultancy in UK)
Many-to-Many (social networking software)
Radiant Marketing Group (biz blogging)
The A-Infos Radio Project (political radio in MP3 downloads, huge variety)
Aljazeera.Net English (feed url via Feedfire.)

I won't post all the feed urls here, I trust that if you are interested, you can find them yourself. Aljazeera doesn't have RSS feeds, so I burnt one myself.

Right now I've got 157 feeds coming into my Newsgator inbox, so I'll have to post later about my favorite method for making that manageable.

Update: 3 days later and I'm still loving wikalong (see previous post) but it really needs more users!

---
Technorati Tags: , ,
« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »
|