<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11630654\x26blogName\x3dMarshall\x27s+Web+Tool+Blog\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://marshallk.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://marshallk.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-1332446749013502443', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Marshall's Web Tool Blog

Training and Consulting in New Tools for Effective Web Use

This site is an archive of posts that I hope you will find useful. Please visit my new site at Marshallk.com.

RSS Digest Update

Ok, so it's the middle of the night and I can't sleep. Maybe this will help, though. I just got an email from the folks over at RSS Digest letting me know that I don't need to freak out - their service is back up and available again. (See post just prior to this one where I was totally freaking out.) In fact, they will be releasing a new, better version of the service in a week, as described on their site.

Was the temporary shut down an attention getting ploy? I don't think so at all. Their service really is so great that I have every reason to believe it was overloaded. The person who emailed me thanked me for my enthusiasm about their "little service," which I thought was funny. I'm sure it's not difficult to write the code to display an RSS feed on a web site - but that's not something I know how to do. I know about creative use of services like theirs, and how to communicate with people about the possibilities. But I don't know the programming required to recreate that service myself. So to me it's not a "little service" and judging by the number of users they have, it's obviously a big deal to many other people as well.

(To see an example of how I use RSS Digest, check out the bottom of the sidebar on the front page of this blog. There you'll see automatically syndicated the newest items in certain catagories of my Furl archives. It's RSS Digest that takes the RSS feed and turns it into a viewable display for my site. Yay!)
« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »
|