<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11630654\x26blogName\x3dMarshall\x27s+Web+Tool+Blog\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://marshallk.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://marshallk.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-1332446749013502443', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Marshall's Web Tool Blog

Training and Consulting in New Tools for Effective Web Use

This site is an archive of posts that I hope you will find useful. Please visit my new site at Marshallk.com.

Another View of Blog Creation

I'm working with several clients right now on creating blogs and it's a lot of fun. This made it especially interesting for me to listen to a recent interview by Rok Hrastnik of MarketingStudies.net with blog coach John Jantsch. Jantsch is a small business marketing consultant and his discussion about starting a blog is interesting. It's about 40 minutes long and the link above is to Rok's write up of it, with the download link.

While I had not cared for some of the things I'd read of John's in the past, I was impressed with this interview. I appreciated his emphasis on ClueTrain style openness and creating an educational experience as a way to promote your services, and I liked the way he talked about all relationships requiring investments of quality time and energy.

I really encourage folks to check out other people offering services similar to mine. (I discussed some others in this post.) I think this will help them better understand these new media we are working with, it will help them appreciate the unique qualities of my services, and it may inspire potential clients to work with another consultant. I have hardly begun promoting my services at all, and already I am having a hard time doing all the work that I ought to with the clients I have. That's really exciting. Hopefully it means that Web 2.0 tools are coming into use more and more with social change groups and small biz folks, or at least into peoples' consciousness.

Related: See my Furl archive of articles, websites and services filed under "blogs"

Technorati Tags: , , , ,
« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »
|