<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11630654\x26blogName\x3dMarshall\x27s+Web+Tool+Blog\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://marshallk.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://marshallk.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-1332446749013502443', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Marshall's Web Tool Blog

Training and Consulting in New Tools for Effective Web Use

This site is an archive of posts that I hope you will find useful. Please visit my new site at Marshallk.com.

Cool Web 2.0 Consultants: You Really Exist!

Over on the page describing My Services I wrote that I hadn't found anyone who offers training in all the tools I do. I then linked to a number of relatively corporate consultants as examples of who else is in the field. I realize now that it's time to change that page.

There are actually quite a number of people who are offering services similar to mine around the country. And that's very exciting. Especially in the non-profit/NGO world, there are people working hard to get Web 2.0 tools into the hands of great social change and advocacy groups. I've just begun to discover them, but some places you can check out include: NPTech Community, ConsultantCommons, and to some degree CompuMentor (they do a lot of work with more traditional computing, I believe, but they seem great).

I'm also going to revisit the language of one of my stated goals: "To help you be one of the people who knows the most about your field, fastest." I'm concerned that's articulated in a way that's more elitist than I want my work to be. My horoscope this week (via Rob Brezny) concluded that "the astrological omens say it's a perfect moment to decide what you'll do in the coming years to contribute to a world in which white men who speak English don't run everything." I feel like I've found, generally, what I want to do about that. And I need to continue to hone my skills at reflecting those values methodologically and rhetorically.

Much of this rethinking was inspired by checking out the work of Ruby Sinreich of Lotus Media Consulting. She's got a great site and looks like she offers some really fantastic services. I posted a comment to her blog yesterday, then saw in my traffic log that someone from Chapel Hill, NC, where she's from, visited my blog and looked at "my services." I was embarrassed and moved to change it. So thanks Ruby!


Technorati Tags: , , , ,
« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »
|